Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Grammy Awards

Wow it's been a long time between blog postings, hasn't it?

Being sent to cover the Grammys seemed to be the perfect time to fire things back up. The truth is, I haven't really done anything of note yet since I just got here to LA, but I wanted to get the ball rolling.

I just barely made my flight out here, so I didn't have time to grab any reading material for the flight. So once I'd read the SkyMall catalogue and the airline magazine, I had another 5 hours to do other things. After a 10 minute snooze I attempted to tune in to the in-flight movie, but my seat's audio didn't work. That left me almost 5 hours to do other things. The other thing I chose to do was sit and look forward. I haven't had a middle seat on a crowded flight in years. I usually travel with my family, so I get dibs on the aisle seat. But since I'm doing this trip solo, I had the honor of sitting between two wannabe mimes. I'm only guessing that to be their vocation because they didn't say a word the entire flight. Even when the guy next to me needed to use the restroom, he just pointed to the front of the plane so I would get up to let him past me. That killed probably 7 minutes though, so I only had 4 1/2 hours to sit and look forward.

But the flight was on-time, my luggage made it, the cab ride went smoothly and I made it to the Grammy orientation meeting that I thought I'd be late for.

So tomorrow it begins. Celebrities from the music, TV and movie worlds will be brought to my broadcast table at the Staples Center and we'll have a lot of fun. I'd gladly trade 5 hours of solitary confinement on a sold-out airplane for this opportunity any day.

More soon.

No comments: